ISO9001 is an internationally recognised standard that allows organisations to build a robust quality management system. The standard which can also be referred to as Business Management system is about having processes in place.
Any work you do produces a result in the end. This result is either used in another step to create the end product or service or is the end product or service that customers use. Customers being internal and/or external. ISO9001 presents an approach that puts the customer at the heart of the organisation. The standard highlights inputs and outputs, and all the support needed to achieve the desired outputs.
Check out the articles below to learn more about case studies from implementing the standard globally. The standard in itself is a great support to drive results. Combining it with a structured approach like Project Management can certainly increase success.
- Quality, a Culture not a Slogan - What does it take for companies to have a quality culture? It is not a slogan, it is an actual set of policies and procedures that require continuous attention to ensure customers are confident in using the service. This article provides an insight on how Quality Management is set up at Workplace Options.
- Influence or Authority? - When it comes to getting your teams to deliver in a certain way, do you use your authority or do you use influential techniques? Think carefully before you answer this question. This is not a game on words, this could potentially be a dilemma for managers who are very keen on achieving a result promptly.
- Britain, Four Brexit Scenarios - Risk Management applied for Brexit in a framework presented by Jonathan Blanchard Smith from SAMI Consulting
- My New Year’s Professional Resolutions - Have you taken time off to reflect and plan? Here are my 2019 professional resolutions..
- Round up of 2018 Quality Events - A round of all the events that were planned by the CQI London branch volunteers...
- Series 3: Team Culture and Communication - Understanding the different team structures is important to have a strategy to motivate your team. But motivation cannot be successful if you do not explore and enhance the team's culture...
- International Quality Awards 2018 - The second international Quality Awards hosted by the CQI took place on Nov 21st, 2018...
- CQI London’s workshop for World Quality Day - Did you know that world celebrates Quality every year? Are you a Quality Professional seeking to raise the awareness for the Quality Profession? Do you have a team of Quality professionals who would welcome the attention for just one day? Then this is your chance! If you have not heard already, but the world celebrates … Continue reading CQI London’s workshop for World Quality Day
- 5 Min With Rashad Issa… Quality World Magazine, September Issue - 5 min with... An article about my views on the ISO45001 the new health and safety standard in regards to employee wellbeing.
- Solving X – Simplifying Problems - I was honoured to join the Chartered Quality Institute employees over a Lunch and Learn session in August. I shared with them the power of simplifying problems while shedding the light on how I benefit from all their work as a CQP.
- GDPR – 2 Months in - 2 Months into the GDPR being live, how did the Chartered Quality Institute comply with this regulation. Being part of The CQI London branch volunteers, I arrange a speaker to come and share his knowledge on what could be done.
- Managing Innovation - The CQI London Branch volunteers organised an event in London about Managing Innovation. A very informative event that was packed with though provoking scenarios!
- Series 2: The Cycle of Motivation - Needs, Behaviours and Goals are 3 components building the cycle of motivation. An ongoing process.
- 3 Team Structures Each Manager Must Know! - It is 8am GMT. You are the Manager of a cross-functional team in a global organisation. At this time, two team members based in India are just coming back from their lunch break. The other three team members are still sleeping in the United States. This blog discusses 3 different team structures with a case study!
- Supply Chain Value through Certification Bodies - When we talk about procurement and managing your suppliers relationship, we always think of time, money, value, and efficiency in the processes we have in place. I believe it is fair to say that you have probably started thinking about the best supplier you have and potentially the one you dread the most. But have … Continue reading Supply Chain Value through Certification Bodies
- Mentoring in Few Steps - Whether a Mentor or a Mentee, these few tips will help you get the most out of your experience
- Project Portfolio Management in Small Medium Enterprises – A Brief Study - This paper aims to review the theory behind project portfolio management in the areas of practices, challenges and solutions.
- Managing Auditor Competency - The difference between an auditor and an assessor is huge. What is it that you need to have to ensure your added value is visible to any organisation. Des Kelly shared his insights in one of the CQI's London branch events.
- GDPR and What I Know - I am supporting the deployment of GDPR compliance in my workplace and this blog explains what I have understood so far about the new regulations.
- Scaling up: An Interview held by Project Management Institute - Project Management Institute published an article in PM Network monthly magazine featuring my work as PMO. I hope you enjoy the article!
- The International Quality Awards for 2017 - A Network of 20,000 plus,over 140 case studies, 16 finalists and 5 winners! The International Quality Awards held by The Chartered Quality Institute
- How to Win Your Audience - Having the knowledge is very powerful but does not stand sufficient. In today's world where influencing other is a key factor to achieve your work, presentation skills are very important.
- Addressing Quality in Clinical Trials - The Quality Professionals must get more involved in the health sector! Dr. Will Scott over Addressing Quality for Clinical Trials. 31% is the mortality rate for ovarian cancer in the UK vs 37% in Europe.
- Assuming that Tomorrow is like Today is Probably Wrong - Could a robot do your job? Will the dilemma of Artificial Intelligence & Ethics every come to an end? SAMI Consulting presented 6 mega trends to the CQI London Branch in October.
- An International Quality Framework – The CQI - The Chartered Quality Institute, an organisation that is raising the bar for the Quality Profession has defined a framework made of 5 core competencies for Quality professionals...