Project Management is becoming more and more needed in businesses that want to grow and achieve impactful results. Having a structured approach to develop a plan makes any operation realistic and increases chances of success.
Project Management Institute (PMI) is globally recognised with standards that breaks down everything one needs to consider while mapping out a project. Currently at the fifth edition of the PMBOK Guide (Project Management Book of Knowledge), PMI divides any project into 10 knowledge areas with a total of 47 processes. Sounds a lot? It is simpler than you think.
Check out the articles below to learn more about best practices and solutions to obstacles you might have come across.
- Britain, Four Brexit Scenarios - Risk Management applied for Brexit in a framework presented by Jonathan Blanchard Smith from SAMI Consulting
- The Design Science Research - 2019 is the year that will (hopefully) witness my graduation and attaining my MSc in Applied Project Management. The journey has been truly educational, demanding, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. Now this is the final part of my degree when I have to work on my dissertation. Over the past summer, I have given it a proper thought on what I would like to work on and I am happy I am settled on my topic with my supervisor's approval.
- My New Year’s Professional Resolutions - Have you taken time off to reflect and plan? Here are my 2019 professional resolutions..
- Series 3: Team Culture and Communication - Understanding the different team structures is important to have a strategy to motivate your team. But motivation cannot be successful if you do not explore and enhance the team's culture...
- International Quality Awards 2018 - The second international Quality Awards hosted by the CQI took place on Nov 21st, 2018...
- CQI London’s workshop for World Quality Day - Did you know that world celebrates Quality every year? Are you a Quality Professional seeking to raise the awareness for the Quality Profession? Do you have a team of Quality professionals who would welcome the attention for just one day? Then this is your chance! If you have not heard already, but the world celebrates … Continue reading CQI London’s workshop for World Quality Day
- Can Ideas Be Simple? - When a group of elderly people want to make sure they are all ok without intruding on each other's privacy and independence, this is what they did!
- GDPR – 2 Months in - 2 Months into the GDPR being live, how did the Chartered Quality Institute comply with this regulation. Being part of The CQI London branch volunteers, I arrange a speaker to come and share his knowledge on what could be done.
- Series 2: The Cycle of Motivation - Needs, Behaviours and Goals are 3 components building the cycle of motivation. An ongoing process.
- 3 Team Structures Each Manager Must Know! - It is 8am GMT. You are the Manager of a cross-functional team in a global organisation. At this time, two team members based in India are just coming back from their lunch break. The other three team members are still sleeping in the United States. This blog discusses 3 different team structures with a case study!
- Supply Chain Value through Certification Bodies - When we talk about procurement and managing your suppliers relationship, we always think of time, money, value, and efficiency in the processes we have in place. I believe it is fair to say that you have probably started thinking about the best supplier you have and potentially the one you dread the most. But have … Continue reading Supply Chain Value through Certification Bodies
- The Different Types of Contracts in a Project - Understanding the different types of contracts available is important for project managers to analyse any financial risks and implications throughout the project life.
- Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy: a 3 min Case Study - 3 min case study on customer-driven marketing strategy and the potential segmentation used by GoPro company.
- Mentoring in Few Steps - Whether a Mentor or a Mentee, these few tips will help you get the most out of your experience
- Project Portfolio Management in Small Medium Enterprises – A Brief Study - This paper aims to review the theory behind project portfolio management in the areas of practices, challenges and solutions.
- Financial Risk Management Concepts - How do you estimate costs? why is it important to understand fixed and variable costs and the importance of break even points. This post goes through Break Even Point 101 as covered in one of the classes I attended.
- Is Your Team in Harmony? - Driving an Effective Team is a very difficult task, yet a rewarding one. Effort to Performance to Results is a process you need to understand if you manage a team. The post discussed the four stages of team development under Tuckman's theory.
- Scaling up: An Interview held by Project Management Institute - Project Management Institute published an article in PM Network monthly magazine featuring my work as PMO. I hope you enjoy the article!
- The International Quality Awards for 2017 - A Network of 20,000 plus,over 140 case studies, 16 finalists and 5 winners! The International Quality Awards held by The Chartered Quality Institute
- How to Win Your Audience - Having the knowledge is very powerful but does not stand sufficient. In today's world where influencing other is a key factor to achieve your work, presentation skills are very important.
- Addressing Quality in Clinical Trials - The Quality Professionals must get more involved in the health sector! Dr. Will Scott over Addressing Quality for Clinical Trials. 31% is the mortality rate for ovarian cancer in the UK vs 37% in Europe.
- Assuming that Tomorrow is like Today is Probably Wrong - Could a robot do your job? Will the dilemma of Artificial Intelligence & Ethics every come to an end? SAMI Consulting presented 6 mega trends to the CQI London Branch in October.
- 4 Different techniques to Project Selection - The context of each organisation is important to determine the tool and technique to use while going through project selection. However, following one of those 4 approaches can facilitate and pave the road to success
- What can a Project Manager do? - Project Management is a framework that has proven successful in different sectors. Knowing what the market is looking for helps understand what is needed.
- Value for money: To budget or not to budget? - Helping teams recognise the monetary value of the work they are doing and contributing to a certain project would always help improve their engagement levels.