Project Management is becoming more and more needed in businesses that want to grow and achieve impactful results. Having a structured approach to develop a plan makes any operation realistic and increases chances of success.
Project Management Institute (PMI) is globally recognised with standards that breaks down everything one needs to consider while mapping out a project. Currently at the fifth edition of the PMBOK Guide (Project Management Book of Knowledge), PMI divides any project into 10 knowledge areas with a total of 47 processes. Sounds a lot? It is simpler than you think.
Check out the articles below to learn more about best practices and solutions to obstacles you might have come across.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P7 - Decision Making as an art. Here is your 7th guiding principle from the Brightline Initiative for executives to bridge the gap between strategy design and strategy deliver.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P6 - The power of engagement! Time for the 6th guiding principle from the Brightline Initiative for executives to bridge the gap between strategy design and strategy deliver.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P5 - Time for Principle 5, the complexity of keeping it simple! 10 guiding principles for executives to bridge the gap between strategy design and strategy delivery.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P4 - Time for Principle 4. Brightline and Project Management Institute launched a training course for executives to bring 10 key principles to help bridge the gap between strategy design and strategy deliver.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P3 - Brightline and Project Management Institute launched a training course for executives to bring 10 key principles to their attention to help them succeed in the delivery of their strategies, not just its design. In this blog I write about the third principle.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P2 - Brightline and Project Management Institute launched a training course for executives to bring 10 key principles to their attention to help them succeed in the delivery of their strategies, not just its design. In this blog I write about the second principle.
- Stakeholders Engagement: How NEDs can Support their Organisations - Stakeholders: are they clearly defined and are businesses fully aware of how to engage with all stakeholders and how? NEDonBoard held an event on the topic. It covered great information on the topic of Customer Experience and what NEDs can do to support their executives in ensuring they successfully engage with stakeholders.
- Strategy Design vs Strategy Delivery – P1 - Brightline and Project Management Institute launched a training course for executives to bring 10 key principles to their attention to help them succeed in the delivery of their strategies, not just its design. In this blog I write about the first principle.
- A Charity Trustee – What Does It Mean? - Becoming a Trustee is something that brings a lot of excitement as well as responsibility. There has to be a clarity of what a Trustee is and what a Trustee isn't. In this blog I share my takeaways from a great webinar I attended about this topic.
- The Wicked Problems - Project Management Institute launched a training course: Wicked Problem Solving. Play Cards, Tools, Techniques, Brainstorming Outcomes and potential taming of a wicked problem. Are you in?
- I’m Sorry We Can’t Serve You. It’s Covid! - Almost a year after the pandemic changed everything we consider 'normal', it is time for the Quality Professionals to dive deep into business models, helping organisations and Boards navigate through change and crisis, and overcome the 'due to covid' syndrome.
- Diversity in Risk Thinking - Representation on a Board does not equate to Accountability. Diversity in Risk Thinking is key for a Board to proactively prepare for risks and drive businesses to success. I share my 3 top takeaways from an online discussion led by well established NEDs.
- 5 Online Ice Breakers to Help You & Your Team Break from the ‘ZoomedOut’ State of Mind - Here are 5 different activities and icebreakers that could bring some fun to your virtual team meetings.
- Quality Professionals During Covid-19 - During such times and the change covid-19 has imposed on all businesses, I believe that Assurance and Governance are the top priorities Quality Professionals must focus on. In this article, I will explain how the CQI competency framework is key to deploy operational success.
- Quality at Board Level - Can Quality be brought to the top of the agenda at board levels? If so, what could its impact be? This post shares a successful board and a struggling board. It introduces the United Nations 17 sustainable goals.
- Strategy, The Beginning of Success - Project Portfolio Strategy, a key module in my MSc that has given me lots of depth and knowledge on tools to use to help organisations succeed in building their strategies. After completing my degree, my professor invited me to speak to the MSc students of Applied Project Management, and bring them some real case scenarios from my work. Here is what happened.
- 3 Things I learnt at the PMI UK Synergy 2019 - PMI celebrate their 50th anniversary with a Synergy in the UK that was inspirational, educational and energising. I share my learnings and opinions on the topcis that were discussed throughout the day.
- Influence Based Leadership - Perfecting the art of leadership is something not easily attainable. In fact the mere start of my previous sentence 'perfection' makes it impossible to achieve. But there is certainly some phenomenal leaders in the workplace that make a visible positive impact on teams, while others just cause damage or foster indifference. Here are three key attributes project leaders should have and nurture...
- Quality Management: Past, Present & Future. A Case from the Manufacturing Sector - The origins of QMS and how it is developing until its current state and how it is progressing into the future. A Great event presented by Thiago Barcelos a chartered quality professional part of the London committee.
- How to win in the AI world - PMI UK hosted an event on the benefit of Artificial Intelligence and how Project Managers can benefit from this revolution. This does come with areas of concern that each PM should be aware of to ensure success
- Back to Square 2 – Change Management - Change Management is not easy but can be achieved if the Project Manager creates a system to implement it. Team's buy in is a key starting point.
- Lean Implementation in Design Engineering - There is a historic trend where people mistake a tool for a framework. Knowing how to use a tool does not mean you have a robust framework that drives positive results across your entire project. Lean methodology is one of these mythes.
- Why I Volunteer - Things I learn from helping others.. #RashadVolunteers
- Meetings with Value - Do you spend a lot of your day in meetings? Have you left a meeting thinking 'what was that about'? Here are 3 basic factors to help you drive valuable meetings
- Influence or Authority? - When it comes to getting your teams to deliver in a certain way, do you use your authority or do you use influential techniques? Think carefully before you answer this question. This is not a game on words, this could potentially be a dilemma for managers who are very keen on achieving a result promptly.