2019 has been another great year for the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) – London Branch. For those of you who are checking into my blog for the first time, the CQI London branch consists of 10 Quality Professionals from different sectors including pharmaceuticals, rail, travel, consulting, manufacturing and market data and financials.
The committee plays a dual role:
1. Support a network of 1000 quality professionals in London and provide them with a variety of CPDs
2. Take feedback from our members and share with the CQI management to ensure members are getting the most out of their membership
This year marked the centenary of the CQI, you can read their story here. Part of the celebration was to ensure that all branches across the world, hosting events under the CQI’s name, focus on specific themes for each calendar month. And so our planning for the year began. We delivered events covering a wide range of topics and our NPS scores ranged between 50 and 100. We have now mastered the art of event planning that we hope to take it to the next level next year.
Here are the events we hosted in 2019. I have previously blogged about some of them. You will find the link embedded in those I have.
- The importance of Information Security and how it can reduce business risk – March
- Lean Implementation in Design – June
- Quality Management: Past, Present & Future – A Case Study from the manufacturing sector – July
- How the Science of Quality can protect Society – September
- Quality World Day Workshop – November
- Risk Management – December
The London Committee has 10 seats. All of the seats are equally involved, and 3 of them are designated positions with additional responsibilities:
- The Chair of the Committee
- The Secretary
- The Comms Director
For 2020, we are looking to fill 4 new positions. If you are a quality professional looking to expand their network in the industry and volunteer in an environment that is dynamic, then please get in touch. You can contact me on here or find me on LinkedIn / Twitter. Don’t forget that by volunteering, not only you enhance your own skill, but you also help in shaping up the future of Quality. Get in touch!